The BTN Academy (also referred to as "we' or "us" or "our" below) take protecting your privacy seriously and are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protect Act 2018. Please use this policy in conjunction with our terms and conditions. By undertaking any of the activities listed in this policy, you agree that we can use your information and use it as detailed below.
Who are the BTN Academy?
We are a limited company that sell supplements, registered in England and Wales, company number 09963470. Our registered office is at Saracens House Business Centre, St. Margarets Green, Ipswich, Suffolk, England, IP4 2BN. You can contact us via our contact page here.
Collection your information
We will obtain details from you when you:
- Place an order for on our websites for our products and services. We will collect your name, address, email address and telephone number (where applicable) and your payment details;
- Complete any of our online forms, take part in surveys, download information such as ebooks or other publications or participate in any other ad hoc interactive areas of our website
- Register on our website. Again we will store your name, address, email address and telephone number (if applicable)
- Contact us offline for example by telephone, email or post
- Browse or visit our website, we will collate the information about your site visit or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies. Note that our website is currently on a shared server
How we use your information
At the BTN Academy, we use your personal data for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve the BTN Academy's website, marketing, products, services and customer requirements and communications.
We may also use it to provide any information on services that you have requested or any products that you have ordered or to contract you directly for feedback on your use of our website, products and services.
From time to time we may send important notices related to purchases and changes to our policies and terms and conditions. We do not allow you to opt out of receiving these types of communications because they often contain very important information that we need to share with you.
On occasion, we may use your details to contact you about our products and services, if we believe they may be of interest to you. We usually do this via email, or text.
At any time, you have the right to ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes. To do this, please send an email to email@example.com with the title OPT OUT. We will remove you within a 30 day time frame.
How we share your information
Sometimes we may share some of your information with:
- Our suppliers, such as with third party businesses with whom we are collaborating with to provide a service or product to you
- Third party services that process information for us (such as payment providers, website hosts and our accounting systems). These third parties may have incidental access to your information
- Another organisation to whom we transfer our agreement with you
- With our funders such as our bank, professional advisers such as accountants (if they have a reasonable need to see it) and any potential funders
- In all cases where information is shared, we will ensure your information is kept secure that third parties do not use it for their own purposes. Most of these third parties have their own privacy policies which can be found on their individual websites
All third party companies we use are GDPR compliant and have their own data protection policies.
We may pass collective information about the use of our website, products or services to third parties. However we will not provide details that would directly identify you.
If required by law, we will disclose your information to enforcement authorities (upon request), or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings. We will only do this if we can ensure we don't breach data protection laws.
Cookies and tracking data
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto equipment such as a computer for smartphone when a user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise the device and store information about the user's past and present actions. Cookies are safe and you can find out more information about them here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
You can turn off cookies but this will affect your experience on our website as some integral features will be limited. To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
Our cookies are used to identify and link website users to their social media accounts. This allows us to contact the user with marketing, changes in procedure, order information and other information directly from the BTN Academy.
We also use a third party website analytics software from time to time on our site. Website visitors who don't want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
You are entitled to request the following from the BTN Academy and these are called your Data Subject Rights:
- Right of access to a copy of the information in their personal data;
- Right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- Right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- Right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- Right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- Right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act
More information on these on the Information Commissioners website at www.ico.org.uk.
Your personal information
Please do remember to inform us of any changes to your personal information so we can keep our records up to date. If you would like to see a copy of the information we hold about you, you can contact our Data Protection Processor Katie Jacobs at Saracens House Business Centre, St. Margarets Green, Ipswich, Suffolk, England, IP4 2BN or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you require a copy of your information, you will need to pay a statutory fee of £10.
Security and storage of information
We take your privacy seriously and will always keep your information secure by using technical measures and internal processes, so it can't be used for unlawful purposes or be lost or damaged accidently.
However it is difficult to keep communications such as emails secure, unless they are encrypted as they are sent over the internet. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we can't guarantee the full security of it when it is transmitted via our website or over the internet, so the transmission of data to us using this facility is at your own risk. We do however use secure connections for our direct debit pages and online forms.
Please keep any passwords either created by yourself or given to you by us, safe and secure.
Transfers outside Europe
Personal data in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but please be aware that other countries may not protect your personal data in the same way.
Visiting other sites
If you would like more information about data protection, you can visit the Information Commissioner's site at www.ico.gov.uk.
If you wish to contact us, please email our Data Protection Processor Katie Jacobs at Saracens House Business Centre, St. Margarets Green, Ipswich, Suffolk, England, IP4 2BN or via email on email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our website.